In celebration of the 100th anniversary of Bank of China’s service to Hong Kong, Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited (“BOCHK”) issued the “Bank of China (Hong Kong) Centenary Commemorative Banknote” (“Commemorative Banknote”) in 2017, receiving an enthusiastic response from the public. Thanks to the contribution by the people and society of Hong Kong, the net proceeds from the sale of the Commemorative Banknote will be devoted in full to local charitable causes through the BOCHK Centenary Charity Programme. For details please visit the BOCHK Centenary Charity Programme website.
A total of HK$100 million of the net proceeds will be donated through The Community Chest of Hong Kong to support local charities in Hong Kong (the “Programme”). This special allocation will support local community initiatives that address the current community needs, with the aim of improving lives and promoting wellbeing of the underprivileged as well as fostering mutual help and capacity building.
||8 April to 10 June 2019 (The application is closed)
|Announcement of approved projects:
|Project commencement date:
||Between January and June 2020
|Project end date:
||On or before 30 June 2023
Application Guidelines and Assessment Criteria
Applicants must be member agencies of either the Chest or The Hong Kong Council of Social Service.
Eligibility of Applicants
- Projects under application must provide direct services to the underprivileged in Hong Kong. Capital or research projects shall NOT be considered.
- Funded projects under the Programme must not receive funding in any other form during and until the end of the funding period.
- The amount of grant each project can apply for shall range from HK$500,000 to HK$3,000,000.
- The duration of each project must not exceed three years.
- Each agency can submit up to a maximum of Two applications.
- Complete one form for each project.
Projects should benefit the underprivileged in the local community. Priority will be given to projects that serve the following groups (in no particular order) :
- The Elderly, Patients, and their Carers;
- People or families with limited resources, or with new challenge or hidden risk;
(e.g. child care services, respite services, support services for families with new born, young couple, split families, etc.)
(e.g. youth development, youth mobility, or youth mental health services, etc.)
- The Physically Disabled;
- Ethnic Minority.
- Meeting the objectives of this Programme
- Project Practicability: the project is cost-effective; and the output and outcome measurement are clearly identified.
- Project Planning: the overall planning and organisational structure of the project shall be comprehensive; the applicant shall have the relevant service experience and track record, resources available for the project as well as the sustainability plan.
How to Apply
- Please complete the application form
＜Download Application Form (doc)＞
- If the applicant is not a member agency of the Chest, please submit the following documents together with the application form:
The application period is from 8 April 2019 to 10 June 2019. Please send your application form(s) and required documents to the Chest office (address: Unit 1805, 18/F, Harcourt House, 39 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong, please mark “Application for BOCHK Centenary Charity Programme” on the envelope) and email a softcopy in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2017/18 Audited accounts; and
- 2017/18 Annual report; and
- 2017/18 Management letter issued by the auditor
Please contact the Project Manager Ms. Kit Chau on 2599-6138 or Project Executive Mr. Joe Tam on 2599-6145.
Back to top
(Will be announced in December 2019)